Olcsó szállás ajánlatok

Hédervár (Hédervár)

The mansion is the village's main sight. It was in all likelihood here in Hédervár that the Colorado beetle first struck in Hungary; a statue commemorates the occurrence.

Together with the mansion situated in its centre, the village belonged to the Héderváry family for about eight centuries. During World War II the mansion was taken first by the German embassy, then by the Soviets who operated a military hospital there. Today the renovated building serves as a hotel.

 

SIGHTS

Khuen-Héderváry MansionHédervár Mansion

Currently a hotel, this mansion has undergone several extensions and alterations to reach its present form. Based around the original 16th-century northern wing, the wings around the quadrangular courtyard were built in the 16th-17th centuries.

 

The Baroque face of the mansion seen today is the result of an 18th-century reconstruction. Three storeys were built on the southern side of the courtyard above the gate and another storey was raised on the northern Renaissance section originally built in the 16th century. Its western wing with its two corner turrets was constructed after 1750. The reconstruction works done at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries tend to the Romantic.

 

Guarded by two sphinxes, and a vast plane tree, the gate in the Baroque facade leads into the quadrangular courtyard. The Renaissance relief set into the wall was created in the 16th century, while the Baroque ornamental staircase opposite the entrance gate and the pretty foliated decoration of the 'Sala Terrena' date from the 18th century. The neo-Gothic stone-framed window and the stately great hall (today the hunters' hall of the restaurant) of the southern wing retain the features of the turn-of-the-century reconstruction.

The small hillock surrounded by a moat at the far end of the mansion gardens hides the 12th-century precursor to the mansion. A few hundred metres away, the core of the current mansion was erected in the 16th century. This period has been preserved in the current mansion's northern wing.

 

The protected mansion gardens can be freely visited.

 

Khuen-Héderváry Mansion Gardens

These 17-acre mansion gardens originally landscaped in the French style were later converted into an English-style park. Indigenous tree species share the land with exotics such as yew trees, various pines and the American tulip tree.

 

The medieval castle that once stood on the site of the mansion was surrounded by the floodplain forests of the River Danube. When in the 18th century the building was refurbished in a Baroque style, a correspondingly fashionable park was established. In the 1790's Bernhard Petri (1768-1853), the fashionable landscape gardener of the day, arranged a sentimental landscape garden, partly on the territory of the former Baroque park.

The designer's descriptions of the work carried out and the beauty of the finished gardens have survived to this day. From these it is evident that he used all the principle tools to conjure up the desired atmosphere. There was a stream with a little island upon which stands a statue of a centaur, as well as bridges, garden vases, stone benches, a neo-Gothic garden hut, a Romanesque-style church and picturesque clumps of trees and groves.

 

 

Immediately around the building, giant plane trees stand tall, one huge specimen even in the mansion's enclosed courtyard. Behind the mansion is a large grassy area also lined with centuries-old giant trees: vast maples, pines, yews, poplars and lindens.The gardens have been a nature reserve since 1965.

 

Roman Catholic chapel of Our Lady

Above the altar of the 15th-century Gothic chapel dedicated to Our Lady stands a several hundred year-old statue of the Virgin Mary.

According to certain sources, the chapel at the junction of Győr and Lipót Streets was built in the 13th century. Others maintain it was constructed in the first half of the 15th century in Gothic style. The single-nave original edifice had a rectangular sanctuary, a narrow steeple and lancet windows. An ornately carved pointed porch led into the church.

Towards the end of the 17th century the church was reconstructed in a Baroque style. This included an extension, the ornate so-called Loretto Chapel, a copy of the House of the Holy Family standing in Loretto, Italy and the first of its kind in Hungary.

With the exception of the Loretto Chapel, the Baroque elements were dismantled and it was refurbished once again, receiving a Gothic style around the turn of the 19th-20th century. The current interior originates from that time although it mirrors the austere medieval style.

The cemetery garden is protected. The chapel can be visited upon prior arrangement.

 

 

Accommodation in Hédervár:

http://www.hungaryrooms.com/hotels/Hédervár/

Map of Hédervár:

http://www.hungaryrooms.com/map/Hédervár/

Szállás Hédervár és környékén

-5%

Hédervár nyugodt, csendes falu, kastéllyal, ősparkkal, rengeteg erdővel, virágokkal, szép játszótérrel és műemlékekkel. Szállásaink a falu legszebb un.... Tudjon meg többet!

Szállás Hédervár - Kont Panzió és Apartmanházak adatlapja

-5%

Szigetköz közepén Héderváron csodálatos környezetben fekvő hangulatos panzió étteremmel.A Panzió igényesen felszerelt szobáival várja az idelátogatókat. Az Étterem... Tudjon meg többet!

Szállás Hédervár - Park Panzió Étterem adatlapja

Bekő Vendégház - Hédervár

Hédervár a Szigetközt átszelő 1401-es számú útvonal mentén,Győrtől 25, Mosonmagyaróvártól kb. 15 km-re fekvő 1200 lelket számláló település. A falu központjától... Tudjon meg többet!

Szállás Hédervár - Bekő Vendégház adatlapja

Táborhelyünk 36 férőhelyével ideális helyszíne osztálykirándulásoknak, erdei iskoláknak, csapatépítő tréningeknek, ifjúsági edzőtáboroknak, nyári táborozásoknak.... Tudjon meg többet!

Szállás Hédervár - Hédervári Kócsag tábor adatlapja